May 12, 1875 130 members
of the original Brick Church broke away in 1875 and established
the Dutch Reformed Church on the corner of what was then called
Main Street and Halsted Street. It was nicknamed The
Original Name: First Dutch
Reformed Church (The Brownstone Church) ,1875
Today: Faith Temple O.F.W. Baptist
Location: Corner of Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. and Halsted
It was founded as a result of a
difference of opinion between the pastor of the Brick Presbyterian Church and other church members and officers. Dr. George S.
Bishop and 130 members of Brick Presbyterian constructed this new
ediface for $30,000, and moved in on May 12, 1875.